Thursday, January 12, 2012

What I've discovered

So far today I have discovered about all the different places where the Great White Fleet landed. They pretty much traveled the world! I would have loved to go on a trip like this for 14 months. It would have been such an amazing experience! One thing I found particularly interesting was that there was a small "hospital ship" following the 16 large battleships. I thought it was interesting that instead of having their own mini hospital in each ship they instead had one large hospital ship. Very cool fact in my opinion. One other thing I found out that was cool was that the fleet on their way to the Suez Canal, celebrated Christmas onboard! They decorated the ship with palm trees and streamers and played holiday games. This trip around the world sounds like a ton of fun to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment