Sunday, October 16, 2011

Immigration


I think being a “nation of immigrants” means that our country has a large diversity in cultures and ethnics. The characteristics of the people that leave their homeland to go start a brand new life, in a world that they know close to nothing about, are very brave, enthusiastic and hardworking. These characteristics in my opinion helped the U.S. become the strongest country in the world.
These traits have helped the U.S. become so successful by hard work by driven people working in jobs. The courageousness also helped the U.S. grow because without these people America would not have been explored or cultivated. Hard work is ever present in the culture of America and this is because of the determined immigrants that swarmed into the country.
In my opinion I don’t feel very closely connected to the ancestors and immigrants that I have read about because I have not been put in such a difficult situation that they have. I have not had to work extremely hard jobs, decide whether or not to leave my country and I have not had to struggle to survive in a brand new world. All immigrants in my opinion were strong, determined brave souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment